Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sail Forth

“Sail Forth- Steer for the deep waters only. Reckless O soul, exploring. I with thee and thou with me. For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared go. And we will risk the ship, ourselves, and all.”


Well, here goes. I've never done this blog thing before but I'm changing so many things right now I may as well change my non-blogging habits as well.

In about 40 hours Kristen and I will be picking up the truck for our big move Hotlanta. I've been packing like crazy for weeks now and I'm still not done but it'll all come together. I'm so happy that Kristen has decided to join me on this life adventure. Though it's very sudden it feels right and we're both intelligent enough to realize what works and what doesn't.

After we pick up the truck on Friday we're going to load up Kristen's things, pick up a few things from my parents house and my Grandma's house and then be on our way to Ypsi. Loading and cleaning is going to take up all of Saturday but I do have some wonderful friends coming over to help out (though I did bribe them with pizza and beer).

Saying goodbye to everyone has been difficult and it still hasn't set in that I'm moving to Georgia for a very long time. I'll probably hit me about October. I'm going to miss my family and friends a whole lot. It also keeps sinking in how much I'm going to miss Ann Arbor. My six years in this amazing city have really shaped my life and the person I've become. I will miss the culture and the people a lot.

But all is well. It is time for that change. "Sail Forth- Steer for the deep waters only." I bid you all a fond farewell as well all steer for our own deep waters; plunging in with confidence and elation.

And there it is, my first ever blog post: just as scattered and nonsensical as blog posts should be.

until next time...

No comments: