Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bananana Pancakes on the Balcony

“I feel stupid when I write the word banana. Its like, how many na’s are on this thing? ‘Cause I’m like ‘Bana … keep going. Bananana … damn.’ -Dimitri Martin

So I'm currently sitting outside on our balcony in a comfortable chair with a stomach full of Banana pancakes. It's 73 degrees and sunny, the kind of day that makes you realize why even liberals move the south.

L' Shana Tova to all of my Jewish blog readers. Since my church draws from all religious sources we have services for both Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. I put together the music for Rosh Hashana and will be dong the same for Yom Kippur this Wednesday. It was nice to participate in these services. My time at Temple Israel meant a lot to me and I like keeping these traditions and quite specifically the Jewish music in my life.

Kristen and I are pretty election crazy right now. We've been watching the news and debates and reading everything we can about this major happening in our country. Sarah Palin has become a big focus as we can't understand how someone so blatantly under-qualified to lead the country can be actually helping the conservative cause. I think what Joe Biden said about this being the most important election we'll ever vote in rings true in a lot of ways. Both candidates are very strong and it upsets me that McCain keeps doing things that make me respect him less and less because a few months ago I really liked him as a moderate conservative. I realize both candidates do have to hold to their parties ideals but McCain has just taken the low road over and over (even Karl Rove said he went to far!).

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy a lazy Saturday of Michigan Football, reading books and watching movies.

No comments: